You may have seen some Aggregation articles in the Marysville Journal Tribune and Marysville This Week.
• To purchase electricity at a “bulk” rate, you have to “aggregate” or in other words, gather a bunch of people together to buy from the same company. Cities and townships across Ohio are being targeted for “aggregation” by IOU companies.
• As a member of URE- we in a sense, already do this. URE and other cooperatives generate & purchase power from our own Cardinal plant.
• Only residents supplied by an IOU will be eligible to participate in the new negotiated rate. The negotiated rates often have “fine print” that includes transferring fees and “default provider clauses”, meaning if a situation is determined to not be in the best financial interest of the IOU then they have the ability to “drop” customers. The dropped customers would return to the default provider in their area. It is important that residents understand the fine print.
• IF the city or township puts this as a ballot issue – URE members who live in that city or township ARE able to Vote on this issue – but it’s only purpose would be to help out neighbors and friends on IOU lines.
• Any questions? Please call the office 937.642.1826 and we’ll be glad to answer any questions about this topic.