Use engineering and technical skills to engineer and coordinate various capital improvement projects, to investigate and determine solutions for system problems, to develop system improvement plans and to assist in the enhancement of the reliability and quality of electrical service to Honda of America Mfg., Inc. and other member/consumers.
- Assists with the Key Account Program by providing special and technical support to Honda and Honda-related accounts as required.
- Ensures superior member service by overseeing and providing the engineering review and approval on all new service and facilities installations in a timely manner.
- Supports system reliability by overseeing the design, installation, and maintenance of certain distribution and substation special equipment.
- Manages the operation and maintenance of the cooperative’s engineering system hardware and software systems including SCADA, AMI, OMS, Milsoft, and others as may be required.
- Ensures departmental efficiency by maintaining an accurate system of engineering data, drawings, and records.
- Assists with the accomplishment of departmental goals by developing or causing to be developed short and long-range construction work plans and providing input for annual budgets.
- Ensures the development and maintenance of the cooperative’s environmental compliance plan and associated documents
- Supports the safety program by recommending and developing procedures for the operation of specific special distribution and substation equipment.
- Serves members/customers by providing technical service requested, answering questions, and offering assistance.
- Exercises professional courteous conduct in dealing with the members, employees, and general public.
- Communicates and interprets the Cooperative's Mission Statement, Strategic Goals, and policies to establish direction and to obtain understanding and commitment by the employees. Assists with employee development by conducting employee appraisals, coaching and counseling, and recommending needed training.
- Seeks opportunities to participate in community and civic activities using every opportunity to promote support for the
- Cooperative’s objectives, plan, and programs.
- Provides support during major outages by assisting in whatever manner necessary as prescribed in the Emergency/Severe Outage Restoration Plan.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by adhering to policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Assists in achieving a greater degree of teamwork by performing all other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans!
Job Related Qualifications
A Bachelor's of Science Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required.
Ten years minimum experience with an electric utility environment is required. Supervisory experience is required in addition to acquiring NRECA Supervisory certification.
Abilities & Skills
- Must have engineering technical skills.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to organize and work without close supervision.
- Must be able to effectively interface with employees at all levels of the organization, members, general public, and vendors.
- Must have the ability to follow specific instructions, guidelines and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Must become familiar with the concepts, and proficient in the use of common engineering software such as engineering analysis, SCADA, Advanced Meeting, and Outage Management.
- Must have excellent personal computing skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio commercial driver’s license.
Normal office hours with a varying degree of fieldwork. Additional time outside of normal hours can be expected in dealing with specific projects. Some travel by day and overnight stay may be required. This position may be required to be placed in the “on-call” rotation schedule to provide technical support to Honda and Honda-related accounts after normal office hours. A majority of the activities are performed sitting at a desk.
Generous Benefits Package Including:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Nine Paid Holidays
- 401(k) (up to 6% contribution from company) & Defined Retirement (company-funded)
- Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurance are available.
- Education/development opportunities and more!