- Applicants must be a son, daughter, or legal ward of a URE residential member living on the lines and receiving service at the time of competition.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors who have all basic credits for college, or proper vocational, or technical school entrance. (A "proper vocational or technical school" is defined as a post-secondary institution where credits can be transferred to a state-accredited four-year college.)
- Applicants must have a current career average of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standing on a nontraditional scale. Winners must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college in order to claim their scholarship. Applicants, who are accepted and then enrolled in an accredited school of nursing, working toward a degree, are also eligible.
- Applicants may not be immediate family members of, or reside with, people who are employed by any electric cooperative in Ohio (employees, trustees, managers, OEC, or affiliated organizations such as Buckeye Power, Inc., RESCO, Cardinal Operating Company, etc.).
- Applications for the URE competition must be submitted (typed to be accepted) on the forms provided by URE or downloaded from this page. Application forms must be returned to the co-op office by Monday, February 14, 2022. Application information must be confined to the official nomination form. The only attachments permitted are transcripts, teacher recommendations, and one photo of the applicant. (Teacher recommendations must be no more than 500 words.)
- Applicants who have received "full-ride" scholarships (tuition, room, board, and books) to the schools of their choice are not eligible for scholarships from URE
- All scholarships must be accepted in the first academic year after proof of enrollment is received. However, an extension of one year may be granted for just cause in the judgment of the president of OEC. In the event a student is unable to fulfill his enrollment obligation under this program, the award is forfeited.
- Personal interviews will be conducted with selected applicants. The applicants will receive points for scholastic record, personal achievement, school, and community activities. Points will also be awarded for poise, personality, and appearance in the interview. Finalists are not permitted to bring any outside materials to their interviews (electronic presentations, props, handouts, etc.).
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible after judging. One winner will be chosen to represent URE in the statewide scholarship competition where he or she will compete for additional scholarships. Eligibility requirements apply. Contact the cooperative for details.
Mail Completed Entries by February 14, 2022, to URE, 15461 US Highway 36, Marysville, OH 43040