Board of Directors
Map of Districts & Trustees
The 2023 election process will begin in November for districts 3 and 6.
The Ohio Cooperative Living magazine will feature an article on “How to become a Trustee and Qualifications for Nomination.”
Union Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. is currently looking for members interested in being a candidate to run for the board of trustees for districts 3 and 6.
Interested members, simply fill out the e-form below or return the postcard by January 20, 2023.
Qualifications include but not limited to:
1. Be a member in good standing and a permanent resident of the district you want to represent.
2. Not be employed by, or financially interested in, a competing enterprise or a business selling electric power and/or energy or electrical supplies or appliances to the Cooperative or its members.
3. Not be employed by the Cooperative within five years of the date of appointment to the board.
4. Not be related to an employee or trustee by blood or marriage.
5. Be available to attend numerous day meetings.
Interested in running for the board of trustees?
URE is represented by 7 districts.
- URE is democratically governed by the members it serves
- Members of the Cooperative are represented in the business planning of the organization through the democratic election of a Board of Trustees
- The strength of the cooperative lies in having a qualified and committed board of trustees
- Trustees serve as elected representatives and are accountable to our members
- 2023 – Districts 3 and 6
- 2024 – Districts 1,4, and 5
- 2025 – Districts 2 and 7
2023 Election Timeline – Districts 3 & 6
The Board of Trustee election ballots are mailed out in the month of May.
- When you receive the envelope make sure you read the bios and vote for 1 trustee for every district
- In addition to the board elections, there might be changes to the terms and conditions or the code of regulation
The ballot contains your Member number and Passcode which you will need to be able to vote online.
- Simple instructions are included in your ballot
- You may vote using your SmartHub account, online link or by mail
- Please follow the instructions and make sure your vote is cast by June 1 by 5 p.m.
- Election results will be announced and the winners will be sworn in at the June 3 – Annual Meeting of Members
- The annual nominating process begins in January with interest postcards mailed early in the month
- Nov. 2022 Ohio Cooperative Living (OCL) article on the process for electing trustees, including a timeline
- Dec. 2022 OCL article on qualifications needed to run for the board
- Jan 2, 2023 Mail member interest cards to the districts
- Jan 4, 2023, 150 days from annual meeting; earliest the board can appoint the nominating committee
- Jan 20, 2023 Member interest cards due; validated for membership; mail member application packet
- Jan 31, 2023, Regular Jan. board meeting; appoint nominating committee
- Feb 8, 2023, Member candidate application due by 4 p.m.
- Feb 9, 2023 Notice/packet mailed to nominating committee
- Feb 16, 2023, Nominating committee meeting (third Thursday in Feb)
- Feb 28, 2023, Regular Feb. board meeting
- Mar 2, 2023, Second nominating committee meeting notice (if necessary)
- Mar 25, 2023, Last day nominations by committee or petition can be filed with the secretary (70 days prior to annual meeting)
- Mar 28, 2023, Regular March board meeting
- Apr 25, 2023, Regular April board meeting
- May 2023, Official meeting notice in May OCL magazine
- May 14, 2023, Latest ballots can be mailed to members (20 days prior to annual meeting)
- May 23, 2023, Regular May board meeting
- June 2023 Final meeting notice in June OCL magazine
- June 1, 2023 Ballots due
- June 3, 2023, Annual meeting, 9 a.m. at URE office
- June 27, 2023 Reorganization June meeting to elect board officers