Skip to content
- A call, email, letter, or home visit from an unfamiliar number or person
- Asking for personal or any bank account information
- Demanding an immediate payment with a threat attached
- Only accepting a prepaid debit card as a form of payment
- Pressuring you for a quick decision and payment Informing you of a rebate you should not be receiving
Scam Safety Reminders
- Your electric co-op, bank, or other utilities and organizations will never call you and ask for confidential, personal, or financial information over the phone.
- Always ensure that the number or email contacting you is the same as the contact information on your bill
- If you believe you’re being scammed, collect as much information about the situation as possible and report it to your co-op immediately.