- Applicants must be a son, daughter, or legal ward of a URE residential member living on the lines and receiving service at the time of competition.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors who have all basic credits for community college or technical school entrance.
- Applicants must have a grade point average of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standing on a nontraditional scale.
- Applicants may not be immediate family members of or reside with, people who are employed by any electric cooperative in Ohio (employees, trustees, managers, OEC, or affiliated organizations such as Buckeye Power Inc., RESCO, Cardinal Operating Company, etc.).
- Applications for the URE competition must be submitted (typed to be accepted) on the forms provided by URE or downloaded from this page. Application forms must be returned to the co-op office by Monday, February 13, 2023. Application information must be confined to the official nomination form. The only attachments permitted are transcripts, student essay, teacher recommendations, and one photo of the applicant. (Student essay and teacher recommendations must be no more than 500 words.)
- Applicants who have received "full-ride" scholarships (tuition, room, board, and books) to the schools of their choice are not eligible for scholarships from URE.
- Personal interviews will be conducted with selected applicants. The applicants will be judged for scholastic record, personal achievement, school and community activities, poise, personality, and appearance in the interview. Finalists are not permitted to bring any outside materials to their interviews (electronic presentations, props, handouts, etc.).
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible after judging.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship competition, please feel free to contact URE at (800) 642-1826 or email URE.
Mail Completed Entries by February 13, 2023, to URE, 15461 US Highway 36, Marysville, OH 43040